Thursday, August 18, 2011

Butt-kicked by Kickboxing Class

Well, I survived another kickboxing class. I'm pretty sure my arms are going to give out any minute and I'll be unable to finish typing...it was that intense. Each day seems to have a different instructor, so the classes vary. This one was VERY arms-centered. It was insane! Good insane, but I really was struggling. I pushed myself though b/c I am going to have to be able to a lot more than last through an hour long fitness class. Toward the end of the class, I wanted to give out, but I found something that made me push through. Now, first off, good music had a lot to do w/ it b/c when I heard "All the way Turnt Up" I got a burst of motivation.

Little bursts of motivation only took me so far. When my arms started to feel pumped out, like they used to when I was having an intense day at the climbing gym, I am reminded of the shape I was once in. Then, I am reminded that I did all that before all while I had a tumor growing inside of me! My body was attacking itself, and I managed to push myself back then. I can do it again now that I'm healthy! I just imagined the strong ab muscles I once had, and I know I can get them back too.

Ah yes, I made it through. Now, my arms are soooooo pumped right now. My calves are still sore from Monday, but it's good! I can't wait to go back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment